Monday, January 11, 2010

First Week of 2010

My apologies for being MIA all of last week. On Monday I definitely felt the early stages of a cold coming on. I tried to fight it off with my usual methods, but by Thursday it was clear that this was a bit stronger than I'd anticipated. Long story short--a sick day at work and a doctor's appointment was in order. Diagnosis--sinusitis and a "contaminated eye" that I've been battling all weekend. Needless to say, besides the assignments I had to complete, I wasn't doing much of anything all week! I'm definitely on the mend now, however.

How has 2010 been treating you? I started a new gig at the end of the year, and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I thought that blogging regularly would be the answer to keeping my writing skills up, but I think this other gig might keep me on my toes even more. I also have a few other projects in the works that I've been trying to move forward with--I had a lot of time off over the holidays, but people I needed to speak with did, too! Now I'm trying to line up interviews on lunch breaks, which is never easy and something I really dislike, but I don't have too many other options.

I wrapped up 2009 financially, too, and now I'm getting everything in order so tax time is painless.

I'm also trying to get ready for the spring semester. I managed to get my syllabus done this weekend (1 week early!), so I'm already ahead of the game. I'm getting excited about teaching this spring--I feel much more prepared, and hopefully I'll get a good group of students who actually want to learn something and improve their skills.

I have a few story ideas in the works, but I want to make some headway with my other assignments first. I think I'll spend some time on developing the queries so they don't seem rushed. There's a lot on my plate--hopefully on yours, too!

What was your first order of business in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment