Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

We're officially in business. We have a business name. We have a website. We have letterhead and business cards, for goodness' sake!

My business partner and I have been doing some networking. I've been strategically spreading the word via social media, and this week I started sending out some sales letters, which have helped many commercial freelancers land business.

Now, we wait.

I wanted to take this opportunity to pick some of your brains.

Freelancers, how long did it take you to build your initial client base?

What methods did you use to land business?

How did you get the word out among your existing contacts? Plenty of people know I write, but I'm not sure they got the memo that I'm part of a real business venture now.

So, what advice can you offer? How did you get your business off the ground?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not an expert, but I've come across a couple great blog posts that might give you some ideas.

    http://loriwidmer.blogspot.com/2007/12/marketing-101-approach-now-that-youve.html

    http://freelanceswitch.com/finding/110-ideas-to-get-more-freelance-work-and-generate-new-client-leads/

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete