Friday, March 6, 2009

Art Tour

I've about had my fill of the cold, snow, and windy fun of winter and am ready for SPRING! Also, the constant barrage of the depressing news is starting to get to me, as well.

I need a change of pace, so for something different (and fun) to do, my friend Natalie and I are off to First Friday in Bethlehem to see some art, soak up some creativity, and re-charge some very overloaded circuits.

First Friday is a real treat for anyone a bit strapped financially (and who isn't these days?) I've noticed more of them popping up locally. It's basically a free open house of art galleries, arts centers, and other arts-friendly places. My main destination tonight is the Banana Factory in South Bethlehem. There is a great buzz throughout the place, which always gives me some renewed creative energy. My true art knowledge is minimal, but I can certainly appreciate the long hours these artists put into their work. Oh, and did I mention it's FREE?

If you are into art or just looking for something different to do on a Friday night, see if there is anything like this in your area (similar events are held on different days/times--Second Saturday/Sunday, Fourth Friday, etc.) It's a great way to support your local arts scene and broaden your own horizons.

No comments:

Post a Comment