Friday, April 10, 2009

Motivation

Summer is traditionally a slow time for writers. I wonder if it's a coincidence that my motivation tends to flag around this time? I'm trying to combat this by putting together those queries that have been floating around in my head, but have yet to be put on paper. I'm hoping this will lead to interest from editors, obviously, and it'll be a good way to keep me writing through the lazier summer months. Summer is also the time when I catch up on my reading. I've been good with the book purchases and haven't gotten any in awhile--those of you who have been to my house have seen some of my "to be read" selections, but that's really just the tip of the iceberg. I'm hoping to make quite a dent in the pile(s). (I read 20 books last summer.) "Being productive" is all relative, I suppose.

Any other ideas for keeping those writing skills sharp in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment