Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This 'n that, here 'n there...

I'm hard at work (mostly...) on my final research paper for my Literary Criticism class. I think academic writing is the most difficult for me. Besides having to round up sources and cite everything correctly, it seems I never quite say it the way I say it in my head--the words get all jumbled in translation en route from my brain to the screen. So even though it sounds good mentally, nine times out of ten I make umpteen changes to a single paragraph. This particular paper is applying psychoanalytic theory (mostly Freud) to the book Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'm also including a lot of biographical info, since it's all tied together in one big dysfunctional mass.



I'm also getting antsy because there are things of my own that I want to work on, and of course I have this itch to work on them now, when my paper (on which I'm being graded!) has a quickly approaching deadline. Sigh. Still, it's nice to want to do some things of my own again. I finally feel like I'm heading towards a really good place in my life, so that's given me some freedom to branch out. I'm anxious to see where it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment