Monday, February 15, 2010

Writers and Professional Organizations

One of my main goals for 2010 is to increase my marketing efforts. I want to work on getting my name and services out there to many more people. The problem I’m having is that it’s a bit overwhelming, and I’m trying to determine the best way to promote myself that’s both cost-effective and, well, effective. In other words, I don’t want to waste my money and have nothing to show for it. I’m well aware that I’ll have to start small and really focus on building a customer base, but now I just need a good strategy.

I’ve been toying with the idea of joining a Chamber of Commerce or some type of business networking organization to increase my visibility. Since I don’t live in a big city and have a very limited potential customer base, I’m really weighing my options. I also have to be careful because of my day job, so I’m looking for other alternatives. Most business organizations like Chambers promote their own members, so

So, I’m looking for feedback from other writers. Can anyone help me out? Are there freelancers out there who have joined these types of organizations? Was your membership worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment