Thursday, March 4, 2010

How's 2010 Treating You So Far?

How has the new year been treating you? Are you reaching those goals, branching out, maintaining what you have, or going in a totally new direction? From what I've been reading on other writers' blogs, there definitely seems to be a positive change in the air.

I have to admit, my year is off to a great start. It was looking a little dismal at the end of 2009, but then all of a sudden, a bunch of editors came through, and now I find juggling all of the work to be a real challenge. Let's see--I've had articles in quite a few new publications, picked up some new assignments from publications I've worked with before, just had another article greenlit, and received a very encouraging email from a new editor. And of course, picking up some actual corporate clients is no small accomplishment, either. My goal was to pick up 5clients by the end of the year, and I'm well on my way. Most of the work I've been doing lately is a bit of a stretch, and I like being able to flex my writerly muscles and get into more topics that interest me, but that I haven't had much of an oppportunity to cover. I have a great feeling about the rest of this year!

How has the new year been treating you?

No comments:

Post a Comment