Friday, June 4, 2010

Favorite Ways to De-stress

I'm frantically trying to wrap up some loose ends (both writing-related and not) before heading to the beach for some MUCH needed downtime. I haven't been on a big trip since the fall (I know, boo hoo for me, right? I know some people who haven't been anywhere in years--my b.f. being one of them), but I'm itching to get out of my regular routine and do some big time chilling for a few days.

Which brings me to my main question--what are some of your favorite ways to de-stress?

Since I'm not a full-time freelancer, my first response is almost always "Do some writing". And it's true that writing helps me to calm down, focus, and shift my thoughts away from other things that might be bothering me at the moment. But as any writer will tell you, it's not an easy process; being stuck and having a few deadlines looming isn't exactly a vacation.

So I'll go with what is usually my next response--"Chill out with a book". This is probably closer to the truth as far as my favorite way to de-stress. One of the main things I'm looking forward to doing over the summer is making a major dent in my reading list--it's getting a little out of control, but it would probably be even easier to manage if I would stop buying them! Sigh. But yes--I would say that laying on the couch (or beach!) with a good book and no plans for the day is probably my absolute favorite way to de-stress and unwind.

Oh, and massages are good, too!

What are some of your favorite ways to de-stress and unwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment