Monday, June 14, 2010

Top 5 Beach Reads


I'm still getting back into the routine after being on vacation last week (and set a personal record for loads of laundry done in a single day), but happy to report that I'm keeping up with my reading list really well! I'm about to start a new book this week--The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews--and thought it might be fun to devote this post to beach reads.

Below is my list of top 5 best beach reads. These aren't new or upcoming releases, per se, but ones I've checked out in the past and would recommend to others:

A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand. I love books set on the beach; Hilderbrand's are all set on the island of Nantucket.

The Bachelor Preferred Pastry by Shirley Jump. Fourth in Jump's "Romances with Recipes" series, I think this is the best of them. How can you not love books that focus on food?

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Good if you don't mind having other people see you weep openly. Yes, it's that kind of book--be forewarned.

Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews. I've been pleasantly surprised by Andrews' books. They are all well constructed with solid characters, plausible plots, and a few steamy romantic scenes. What more could you ask for?

The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner. This collection of short stories came out a few years ago. I'm not generally the biggest fan of short story collections, but thoroughly enjoyed this one. I'm also excited to read her latest, Best Friends Forever, this summer.

Any other good beach reads that you would recommend?
Flickr photo by *sarahdippity

1 comment:

  1. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella... I really enjoyed that one :)

    ReplyDelete