Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What to Name the Business?

I think many freelancers stick to the basics when it comes to a name for their business. Most writers I know are simply "Joe Schmo, Freelance Writer" or some basic variation.

But what about those folks out there who have incorporated their business, or have a different arrangement besides simply being a sole proprietor? How did you come up with your business name?

I'm working on a few things that I can't quite share just yet, but I've been deliberating about business names for a few weeks. A good name should say something about you, your services, and how you do business. What image are you hoping to convey? My thought is to come up with something clever and creative, yet simple and straightforward. It's not easy (and you'd think a writer would have an easy time with this!)

And for the next challenge...a tagline!

What about you? How did you come up with a name for your writing business?

No comments:

Post a Comment