Thursday, June 11, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love Freelancing

10. Learning more about things that interest me.

9. Connecting with other writers.

8. The interesting people I've met, whether through interviews or as resources for a piece I'm working on.

7. Being able to pitch stories about people, places, and events that I find interesting.

6. Expanding my knowledge about different writing styles.

5. Branching out into various markets.

4. The ongoing (often frustrating) challenge of waiting to get a response from an editor.

3. The various opportunities available to freelancers (features, copywriting, blogging, etc.)

2. Working with words and phrases until you get something to sound just the way you want it to sound.

1. It's a way to make some money doing what I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment