Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is Anybody Out There?


OK. I'm officially annoyed. I've been churning out and sending more queries than I think I ever have, and most of them have been met with a big fat nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. A rejection is one thing, but no response is something else entirely! Where are these editors? I respect that most of the industry's in the toilet and there are cutbacks galore, but come on! There must be some need for some of this stuff! I think I've actually been pitching some pretty interesting stuff, but nope! Silence. In fact, other than my weekly column, the occasional book review, and three other articles, I have nothing lined up for the summer. BLAH! I feel like such a failure. But in my own defense, I'm sending out not only queries but emails of interest for trivia books, anthology submissions, essays...so I can't say I'm not trying. It's just beyond frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment